The Little Theatre of Watertown
All about upcoming auditions for plays or theater events
Auditions are always open to anyone interested in acting and are usually done in a relaxed atmosphere where actors are asked to read from the script of the play they are auditioning for. No need to prepare.
Open Auditions for
Audition Dates: Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017 at 2- 5 PM and Monday & Tuesday, Nov 13 & 14, 2017 at 6:30-9:30 PM
At Dulles State Office Building Stage, 317 Washington Street, Watertown, NY
Director: Sarah Hovey Asst. Director: Amanda Morrison
A wild, free-flowing comedy, M*A*S*H has joining it two unpredictable madcaps, Hawkeye and Duke. They can't be dealt with casually, however, because they are also two of the best surgeons in South Korea. They wage a campaign to get a young S. Korean entered in a good school in the US. The thread of this effort helps tie together the pileup of comic adventures that pyramid before the eyes the audience. There's an encounter with the baby-talking Bonwit sisters, the worst tap-dancing act of the U.S.O. ever . A sergeant is selling dumb GIs fishing rights in the Bay of Phum. Radar O'Reilly, a soldier with incredible hearing, anticipates things before they happen. The proprietor of a painless dental clinic is cured of dark moods by the recreation of an old monster movie. It's all here -- a little romance mixed in with dramatic moments and a genuine love of life.
Script available for reading at the Flower Memorial Library, Watertown
M*A*S*H Female Characters
· Cpt. Bridget McCarthy 30-40 Head of the nurses until Major Houlihan comes in. She is older and has been involved in this war for too long.
· Lt. Janice Fury 25-30 Recently assigned to the 4077th. Full of energy and well liked, especially by Trapper
· Lt. Louise Kimble 25-30 Fun, bubbly nurse. Always laughing almost like a mother type for the girls.
· Lt. Nancy Phillips 25-30 One of the nurses of the 4077. Has a run in /Major Burns.
· Major Margaret Houlihan “Hotlips” 30s Regular army, by the book nurse. Risen up in the ranks and is not afraid of a fight. However, inside she is insecure.
· S. Korean Woman #1 20-50
· S. Korean Woman #2 20-50
· Congresswoman Goldfarb 50-60 US Senator that comes to evaluate that 4077. * most likely double cast
· Dean Mercy Lodge 45-60 Male or female. The dean of Hawkeyes old medical college. * most likely double cast
· Miss Randazzle 20-40 An air head secretary for Dean Lodge. * most likely double cast as a nurse
· Mitzi 18-25 Bonwit sister – airheaded, entertainer
· Fritzi 18-25 Bonwit sister – airheaded, entertainer
· Agnes 18-25 Bonwit sister – airheaded, entertainer
· Lt. Connie Liebowitz 40s A dietician in Seoul. * Will most likely be double cast
· Major Ruth Haskell 40-50 A therapist in Seoul, South Korea. She is called to evaluate Hawkeye’s mental state. * Will most likely be double cast as a nurse
M*A*S*H Male Characters
· Gen Hammond 50-60 Overseer of the Mash compounds in South Korea. Tough, cigar smoking general .
· Pvt. Boone 20s Ineffective assist to Col Blake
· Lt. Col. Blake 40-50 Commander of 4077th. Sweet man that loves fishing and football, he is a good doctor but not a good leader. Without Radar he’d be lost.
· Sergeant Devine 25-35 Runs the mess tent and many scams
· Major Frank Burns 30-45 known as “Ferret Face.” He’s a poor surgeon, an even poorer human being.
· Father Mulcahy 30-45 Kind, sweet and quiet priest. He tries his very best to be an island of calm in a sea of chaos.
· Cpt. Walter (Walt) Waldowski 30-45 Dentist. He uses his tent as gambling hall. For the most part is an average Joe but is known to suffer from depression.
· Cpt. John McIntyre (Trapper) 30-45 Ladies’ man, or at least that what he thinks. He is at the 4077 before Hawkeye and Duke come and knows the ropes. A likeable, good looking guy.
· Cpt John Black (Ugly) 25-30 Really good looking guy, relationship with Janice
· Corporal “Radar” Reilly 18-30 Farm boy that quietly makes the unit run. Has poor eye-sight but makes up for it by having acute hearing. He is disheveled but sweet. Knows what’s going to happen before anyone else.
· Cpt. Benjamin Franklin Pierce (Hawkeye) 30-45 A teenage boy in mans clothes. One of the best surgeons and knows it, a leader and a trouble maker. He is a doctor, not a soldier.
· Cpt. August Bedford Forrest (Duke) 30-45 Hawkeye’s sidekick. He too is a skilled surgeon and a little boy at times.
· Ho-Jon 16-20 The Swamp’s houseboy. The entire compound loves and takes care of Ho-Jon. He’s an intelligent young man that gets drafted by the South Korean Army. He is the through line of the play.
· Pvt. Lopez 20s One of the nurses that makes the unit run.
· Cpt. Oliver Wendell Jones (Spearchucker) 30-45 A pro-football player that happens to be a neuro-surgeon, drafted into the war. Large, strong individual. Preferably someone that plays football. Don’t want to double cast this role which mean commitment would only be about 3 weeks.
· South Korean man
Show dates (2 weekends): February 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 2018
Dulles State Office Building, Watertown NY
Little Theatre of Watertown
Watertown NY 13601
email: email@example.com Phone: 315-608-1810
Contact any of our Board Members for more info: Contacts